11.06.2014

How to make mirror poses in Daz Studio

I'm doing a new set of poses for Dawn, and I've saw a lot of people asking how to mirror poses. So I decided to make this mini tutorial.
So here's the pose I wanna mirror:


Pole Dance Pose

In Daz Studio 4.6 I go on Edit > Figure > Symmetry... or Shift+Y shortcut.
In the Symmetry panel you need to set this settings as shown below.

Symmetry panel

Note that this pole dance pose is wrong. Dawn is not grabbing the pole as in the original pose. So I have to adjust her.
One thing I do when I make a pose is to move the character around the scene by Hip, not selecting the entire body. Look at the figure below the X Translate value of  the Hip is -16.58.

Symmetry pose

Then I set a positive value 16.58 and now her hands are on the pole. So now you just have to save it as a mirror pose of the first one.

right symmetry pose

Next post I will teach you how I do that in Poser.
Any doubt, comment. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment